MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Peanut Butter Brownie Towers




As promised I will be showing you how to make one of the desserts that I served at the luncheon I highlighted in yesterday's blog.
These kinda evolved from ingredients I had on hand and the need for a really great "Chocolate" dessert in miniature to serve on a dessert tray.

Peanut Butter Brownie Towers 

Ingredients:
1 box of your favorite Brownie mix
1 tub of Chocolate frosting ( I used Duncan Hines chocolate fudge with mini chocolate chips....you can never have too much chocolate)
3/4 cup of your favorite smooth Peanut Butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1 package of Peanut Butter stuffed Oreos

Directions:
1.  Line a 9x13 cake pan with aluminum foil so that you can lift the brownies out after baking.

2.  Make the brownie according to the package using the 9x13 pan.

3.  When cooled lift the brownies out of the pan and onto a flat surface.

4. Using my smallest biscuit cutter (1 inch) I cut the brownies into circles.


5.  Stack the circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper between layers so the brownies don't stick to each other.


6.  Open your frosting and place a layer of frosting between two brownie circles.  Stack on a sheet pan that has a cooing rack in it.  That will catch the extra peanut butter later on.






























7.  Take one Peanut Butter Oreo and put frosting on top of it.  Then stack the brownies on top of that.





8.  Heat the peanut butter for 45 seconds in the microwave.  Stir.  It should be pour-able at this point.

9.  Pour enough of the warm peanut butter over the tower to glaze the top and drip down the sides.  No need to be perfect.  

10. Immediately sprinkle the chocolate and peanut butter chips on the towers.

11.  Let the peanut butter cool completely before moving the towers to a tray.



If you like peanut butter and chocolate.....and who doesn't, really???...then this is the dessert for you!.  Easy to make and a sure fire way to impress your friends!!!

Bon Appetite!!


Happy Trails.....until we eat again!

Mtn Mama


2 comments:

  1. These look so good! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Have a great day,Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will have to try. I love simple recipes that look fancy. Your buffets sure look great. Wonderful job. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!