MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Friday, December 11, 2015

A Gingerbread Village

A Gingerbread Village
Tis the Season for Gingerbread Houses!!!


                       
And what could be better than a Gingerbread House???






A Gingerbread Village of Course!!!







Auntie KK helped Ella with construction but the decorating was 
mostly Miss Ella's design.





Ella is patiently waiting for KK to 
"roof" the house with royal icing so she can put the junior mint "shingles" on the opposite side.
This is looking pretty intense.  Auntie KK graduates her Internal Medicine residency the end of December.  We are so proud of her!! Even so we think some of her best work is in the kitchen!!


Thus begins the wonderful baking season at the Smith household. 
I have moved into a new home with a fantastic kitchen so there will be lots more baking, pictures, tastings, and posts.
It has been awhile since my last posts....sometimes I do that!!!
Here is the "Cliff-note" version of what I have been up to:


                                                                                                                                                                                             

Since last I wrote 
I have moved.. 
bought a house.....
and sold a house!!!










Gotten engaged...... to a very kind and gentle man named "Cliff"!!
And will be Married on 
January 9th, 2016.






God is so Good!!  I am truly blessed !!


For now I am heading to bed....with visions of sugarplums dancing in my head!!!  Tomorrow starts the holiday baking season and I am so excited to see if my new kitchen can handle the "Christmas Baking Challenge"!!






Happy Trails,
Mtn Mama

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the engagement and move! Looks like this kitchen will be the center of many gingerbread village bake-a-thons! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa ! How exciting to come back with THIS kind of news ! Bless your new beginnings ! And have a wonderful Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful for you, and as long as their is room for quilting in the new house...life is grand. Can't wait to see more of your kitchen escapades.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!