MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I wear My Sunglasses at Night.....

That is the message that Miss Ella sent me over the weekend as she was moving from Chicago to Minneapolis, MN. Further North!!!! But just for a year while her daddy completes his Interventional Radiology Fellowship. Then hopefully they will consider moving back to Oklahoma near Nana and Papa.
Speaking of her daddy.....Happy Birthday Jon!!! It is his 31st birthday today. Such a pup!!

I have been mostly at the hospital again this week as we had to admit Jeff for a sinus infection this time. He is platelet and transfusion dependent and an infection....any infection could be deadly to him. So back to the hospital we went. He has been here since Sunday. We just finished "sinus washings", nebs with steroids and antibiotics, and a bath. He is sitting up in a chair looking pretty good.


Work In Progress

I was working with "Miss Lizzie" over the weekend and starting to practice on free motion feathers. Here are the results on a border of a small table topper I completed.
I seem to be getting the hang of it. I just need more time to practice, practice, practice.

It's a lot of fun once you get the rhythm going. I had two birthdays on June 26th so each one got a project "hot off the press". I love finishing things that I have in my drawers. Most of these I made while in Dallas in Dec and Jan during the original transplant. That's why they are Christmas fabrics. But in my world Christmas is year round....365 days a year!!! Love it!

Last week I had a craving for my "Apple-Walnut Tuna Salad" so I made a batch. It is sooooooo very good!!
Easy to make as follow:

Apple-Walnut Tuna Salad

1 large pouch of Star Kist Tuna packed in water

1 cup celery large dice

6 hard boiled eggs chopped finely

1/2 cup sweet pickle relish

2 medium gala apples large dice

1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

1/2 cup light mayo

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon by hand.

Serve by itself or over salad greens.

 

Hope you enjoy!!!
Nana can I have some of that good stuff PLEASE????

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

2 comments:

  1. You are inspiring me to practice my FMQ! What a lovely grandchild you've got - a sweetie to be sure.

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!