MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Quilt Camp August 2013 Begins !!!

WOW....does summertime just fly for you like it does for me? After returning from my vacation I have been super busy getting caught up in my life. The weather in Tulsa has been so nice for August. We have had rain and storms but everything is green and our temps have been in the 80's and low 90's. What a difference from this time last year!!

Thank you Lord for the rain that cools and quenches the earth's thirst. We see Your hand in your creation and thank you for the green grass, the cool wind, and the storms that show us your majesty and power!! Your plan is perfect! AMEN

It has been a long time since I registered a stash report. On my vacation I did some "fabric" shopping and adding to the stash. I had been doing so well this year NOT buying fabric but oh well........it was fun to add to the stash. Each time I use one of these fabrics I will remember where I bought the fabric and my vacation. My fabric is more than just a piece of material to me.....it is part of the journey!!

SUNDAY STASH REPORT - WEEK 32

Total Yards Used this Week: 13 yards

Added this Week: 12 yards

Used year to Date: 71 1/4 yards

Added Year to Date: 23 3/4 yards

Net Stash Decrease for 2013: 49 1/2
yards


The projects completed that were counted this week came from several weeks ago....here's a recap:


HOPSCOTCH BUTTERSCOTCH WEDDING QUILT

BABY GIRL QUILT

 

QUILT CAMP - AUGUST 2013

Debby got here this week for our annual summer Quilt Camp. Debby brought a pattern that would be the "project" to get us started. We immediately picked fabrics from my stash and Debby got to cutting. She cut out two quilts - one for her and one for me!!!! Such a peach of a friend. I had to go to work that morning and when I returned she had both quilts cut out.

Debby has worked dilligently since Tuesday and has her quilt ready to sew together. I on the other hand have been working, getting thank-yous written for all my wonderful birthday presents, doing computer work and still getting caught up on life. I have started making tea-towels out of ticking that I will machine embroider for a special birthday gift. It will be a set of 7- one for each day of the week. The designs are so cute. Can't wait to embroider them.

Here is the log cabin quilt top laid out ready to sew together!!
 

Now we sew the quilt together!!! Yeah!! So much fun! We are at the lake and the weather is great!! It is so fun getting lost in Quilt Camp!!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!