MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Monday, May 26, 2014

M and M Cake Mix Cookie Bars

 

Cake Mix Cookie Bars

Last week I posted a terrific Lemon Cheesecake that used a cake mix for the cookie crust. It was well received so I started looking for more cake mix recipes to share with my readers. These bars are quick and easy. They make a 9 x 13 pan full so you can feed many hungry children which is just what I did this past weekend at the lake.



Cake mix cookie bars

prep time: 5 minutes

cook time: 20-30 minutes

total time: 35 minutes

Ingredients:

1 Box yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
1 Small box instant vanilla pudding
1/4 Cup water
3/4 Cup vegetable oil
2 Eggs
1 Cup chocolate chips. I used 1/2 cup mini M&M's and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips.

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Combine cake mix, pudding, water, vegetable oil, eggs and chips or M&M's in large bowl.

Pour the batter (it's going to be thick) into a greased 9 X 13 baking dish. I sprayed my dish with nonstick cooking spray which worked well.

Bake your bars for 20-30 minutes (I took mine out at 30 minutes.)

It may look sort of raw in the middle but if the edges are just golden and starting to get crispy, it's probably perfect.

Recipe via Southern Bite

 

These bars were enjoyed by everyone. You could easily change flavors by changing the base cake mix and mix in's such as chocolate cake mix with peanut butter candies, or brickle bits....use your imagination and what you like best.

We enjoyed the lake this weekend and kicked off the summer season with two days of boating. After two years I finally got our boat "lake ready" and in the water. Jeff would be proud. We skied all day Sunday. Lots of friends and good times at the lake house... just like old times. Made me happy to see everyone having such a great time.


FYI - This nana skied after two years of being off the water!! Can't wait to teach this little girl how to ski with Nana!!

 

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

 

1 comment:

  1. They do look yummy. Looks like you had a great time at the lake.
    Have a good week.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!