MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival





AmysCreativeSide.com


It's that time of year again....The Blogger's Quilt Festival!!  YAY!!
I entered the Dresden Plate Quilt that I finished just a few weeks ago.  I have named it "Jeffrey's Quilt".  If you want to know why you can read the story about this quilt here.







I designed the layout, colors and quilting on this quilt. I quilted it on my sit-down Tin Lizzie.   I tried to make it look like an older quilt I had seen many years ago.  I think I did it!!  It has the soft look and feel of a much loved quilt.  Just what I wanted.

I love the pinks and greens of the 1930's.   That is why I chose them to sash and bind the quilt. 







Please hop over to The Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative side and vote for my quilt.  Wouldn't that be a great tribute to "MY JEFFREY" if everyone loved his quilt as much as I do!!
Enjoy the festival and be sure and check out all the great quilts and quilter's!!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

4 comments:

  1. It truly looks like an antique quilt! You did a great job and what a lovely tribute to Jeffrey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've used lots of lovely fabrics in your quilt. A wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! I love the pink and green, so sweet! I am using some of those same repro fabrics in a quilt I'm making :) Your quilt is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt! You're totally right about the green and pink - they just set this quilt up so beautifully and lend that authentic feeling. The border is really nice too. I hope someday I can make a Dresden quilt that comes close to how pretty this one is!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!