MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Monday, April 15, 2013

Design Wall Monday


 

My Design Wall - April 15th - Tax Day 2013

 
After surviving the last year I am just so GLAD to have my taxes done today!!  I literally signed them on Friday April 12th and my tax attorney put them in the mail for me!!  Hooray!!!  Taxes were always Jeff's job and he really did them well.  After his death I didn't have a clue what to do but with the help of others I am proud to say the ANNUAL TAXES are done.  I still have Estate Taxes which need to be filed by May 17th but they are almost ready.  I will feel a load has been lifted when everything with the Feds is completed.  So in honor of this special day I have Hung this wallhanging on my design wall.  I definantly need some therapy after completing my taxes this year.  My college roomie, Debby, made this for me recently and I love it.  I have been feeling a little blue again with all the changes in my life....but spring has sprung and I am looking up again.  I have been sewing and getting my "Therapy Sessions" more frequently.
 
During Spring Break I helped a good friend make a T-Shirt quilt for her daughter who is graduating from High Solchool in May.   I think I opened a whole new world up to her.  She is a physician and quilting was really a new realm for her.  She picked it up quickly and was actively involved in the design and piecing process.
 
This was our beginning layout design.

















We sashed the quilt in her high school colors.


  
 
 
This is the back of the quilt.  We used a gray sheet that was a very high thread count.  It worked beautifully and is so very soft and cuddly.  I embroidered the label on my Viking Designer SE.
It is put away in seclusion until her mother gifts it to her at her graduation party.
It was so fun to be a part of such a special gift.
I am linking up with Judy L at Patchworktimes for Design Wall Monday.

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

5 comments:

  1. Love the therapy quilt. I have not been doing any visiting. I have had a bug on the computer.
    But I am back. I am sorry I haven't been by to say hi. I love the tshirt quilt. Great job.
    I made my first last year for my grandson.
    I would love to brainstorm with you.
    Please email me at myjourneyback13@yahoo.com
    Have a wonderful week,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great t-shirt quilt! Love the label, what a treasure for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is a treasure and what a blessing Mountain Mama is to me!!!!! I had a blast working on my daughter's quilt, spending time with my friend and getting to know just how amazing this precious woman is!!!!! And it opened up a new world about quilting....it even inspired me to make a pillow out of the T-shirt backs!! (and believe me I'm no seamstress!) I'm SOOOO excited to give it to her. Thanks so much for helping me make a wonderful memory for my sweet Sarah. (Love that label!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two did a wonderful job, I have never braved a t-shirt quilt, but I admire them very much.

    Knowing her mom went out of her comfort zone to do this will mean a lot to this young girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping in to say "Hi". I posted today. I hope I am now back to regular posting!
    I am spending the day in the sewing room. Hopefully I'll be posting some snaps tonight!
    I hope your having a great week.
    Oh I did post on Tues. a new cookbook I found at the library. Come by and see my review.
    Blessings,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!