MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Friday, April 12, 2013

Food for Friday Week - 15



Food for Friday Week -15
   
I am back!!  Sorry I took a long retreat (almost 2 weeks since I last blogged).   There has been a lot going on around here.  My oldest daughter and husband moved some of their storage boxes and furniture last week to Tulsa. ( It went into my garage and storage building at the lake).  My parents have been here for five weeks, staying mostly at the lake, so I decided to spend as much time as I could with them last week.  I also have been working so that about sums up my absence.   Let's get moving to catch up..... with the weather warming up I cleaned up my outdoor kitchen area and hosted a "Final Four" picnic with my parents and neighbors on Monday Night.  Here's what we made:
 
 
Marinated Grilled Steak Kabobs
These are so fun to make.  My 85 year old mother and 10 year old neighbor had a great time "making patterns" on the skewers.  You can essentially use anything you like.....chicken, steak, or shrimp for the protein.  Then use veggies of your choice.  We used zucchini, red onion, mushrooms, and yellow, orange, and red peppers.
Cut the veggies into about 1 inch chunks so they don't fall off the skewers. 
I use metal skewers because I have collected a bunch over the years and prefer them to wood for grilling.
For my protein I chose steak.  The steak I used were the tips off of tenderloin that I save when I buy a larger tenderloin.

 

Steak Marinade

Ingredients:
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup  soy sauce
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
1 TBSP freshly ground black pepper
1 TBSP Dijon-style mustard
2 cloves garlic minced


Directions:
In a medium bowl, combine the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, ground black pepper, mustard, and garlic.  Mix together well, and use to marinate your favorite meat.  I prepare the marinade and poured it over the steak pieces the morning of the day I was grilling.  You can easily do this the night before with steak.  

 

 











 Place the kabobs on the grill, turning frequently ( I use an oven mitt to hold onto the skewers)








My sweet, new neighbor, Mia Lynne, who helped getting the picnic ready for us to enjoy!!  She did a great Job!


 



Also I am very excited to be featured on The Best Blog Recipes 
today in her 50 Fabulous Chicken Recipes.  Hop over and check it out.  She is featuring my Angel Chicken!!  I am so excited!!
Hope you are getting excited for summer and lots of good "grilled" fun!!  Stay tuned!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama  

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back and congrats on making the top 50 list as well. (I made the dish as well and it was very good.)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!