MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Monday, April 22, 2013

Design Wall Monday



Forever Friends


It has been a great 10 days with my friend, Mary-Anne Nease.  Not only is she a talented artist but a beautiful person who truly lives her life in the beauty of the moment appreciating all that is around her.  She puts others first and is always lending a helping hand to those who need it.   Mary-Anne was a high school classmate of my late husband Jeffrey.  I was reacquainted with her through my brother who was also a member of their class about a year ago.  At that time the three of them sat in my family room laughing and talking over "high school drama in 1975".  It was wonderful to experience friendships that had lasted through the years.  Since Jeff's passing Mary-Anne and I have become close friends.  You see we share a common bond.  We are both widows....in what we consider our "younger" years.  It has been a blessing to have someone who has walked this path before me.  She continues to stand beside me as I "crawl" my way along the cobblestones of this first year as I establish my "new normal".   I am always amazed at how God gives you just what you need and who you need at just the time you need it. 

Thank you Lord for this precious FRIEND!!


Design Wall Monday 




My design wall shows that I am still working on my hand appliqued Dresden plates.  I have four more to complete.  That will make the 20 I need for my quilt.  I am also quilting a top that my 85 year old mother made this winter.  I hope to get it done this week.  The weather here in T-Town is getting nicer so I am spending more time outdoors than in the sewing room.  I had the pool opened last Tuesday.  I have been working in the flower beds and will start planting my pots this week.   Dr. Kristina came home Saturday and signed a lease on the house in Tulsa that she will be moving into in June.  It was so good to see her.  I am thrilled knowing she will be in Tulsa for good soon.  Jenny and Ella will arrive Tuesday night.  They are here for a week to check on their house that is being built.  So probably won't sew much this week either but I don't mind at all!!  I am linking up today with Judy L at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.  Check out all the great projects that are "in the works" over there!!

Happy Trails,
Mtn Mama

3 comments:

  1. My hand quilting has had to take a slow drive due to the warming weather too. Hopefully you will be able to finish yours this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love doing hand work? It make you slow down and enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last yr was a bad yr for DH, when I sat with him I made 56 Sunbonnet Sue/Sam blocks. I can't make myself put them together into a quilt top so I am really glad to see you able to work on your Dresden's. They are turning out really well and someday will make a beautiful quilt.

    The one thing I have really wished I had during these past 2 yrs was that I lived in a larger community where I could visit with other wives like me. I too believe God brings us what we need most when times are hardest and it makes me smile when I see what he has brought to you.

    Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!