MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Peanut Butter Bars - No Bake!!!

Homemade Peanut Butter Candy Bars

What could be better than a no bake peanut butter and chocolate bar that tastes like a Peanut Butter Cup ?? I don't know but I am in LOVE with these bars!! From start to eating is less than 1 1/2 hours and that includes the 1 hour of chilling time in the fridge!!

I found this recipe in my Six Sister's cookbook. You can find it at www.sixsisters.com. I love their recipes. I often tweak them to my liking but I used this one "Straight UP"!! Hope you will try it too!!

What's not to love? Peanut Butter, butter, powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs!!!

And of course chocolate...good milk chocolate from Ghirardelli!!


No Bake Peanut Butter Bars


1 cup Butter, melted

2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs

2 cups powdered sugar

1 cup plus 4 TBSPS Peanut Butter, divided

1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips


In a medium bowl, mix together melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 inch pan.


In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the remaining 4 TBSPS peanut butter at 50 percent power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.

Spread over the peanut butter layer.


 

Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares. Makes about 16 bars.


This recipe will be my new "go to" for a quick dessert. They taste just like the real deal peanut butter cup candy.



A Day at the Zoo with Ella and her mama.....both seem to be having lots of fun!!

This week Ella was "first" in line to feed the giraffe at the zoo. Ella is pretty intent on feeding this one her special "leaves" that you get from the zookeeper. Life is so full of new surprises when seen through the eyes of a child!!

Thank you Lord for opening our eyes to your wonders so that we may see your world anew through "childlike eyes". May we always give you credit for all the wonders of your creation!! AMEN!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!