MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Friday, June 28, 2013

Pesto Pizza and More Ways to Use Pesto!!



 Pesto, Pesto and more Ways to Use Pesto


Today I used my fresh pesto to top pizza that I made on the grill.
You can find the basics on how I make pizza on the grill here.
On this pizza I spread a layer of pesto on the dough then I added roasted garlic ( a real favorite....I will tell you how to do it later), the I sprinkled feta cheese over the entire surface along with several small pieces of fresh mozzarella.  I put the pizza back on the grill until it was browned and bubbly.



Grilled Pesto Pizza with Oven Roasted Garlic and Feta




 We ate it right off the pizza paddle by the pool for lunch!!  Yum!




I love roasted garlic and have found a way to make it quick and easy.  I put it on salads, pizza, chicken...anything I eat practically!!


Oven Roasted Garlic Cloves

I buy my garlic cloves already peeled in a bag from Sam's to do this.  They are cheep....about $2.50....already peeled and ready to go.  I do the entire bag at once and keep them in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Ingredients:

40-60 peeled garlic cloves
Olive Oil
Kosher Salt and pepper

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2.  Place the garlic cloves in a single layer on a half sheet pan.
Cover the cloves with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat.  Sprinkle with Kosher salt and pepper to taste. 

3.  Place the pan in the preheated oven for 15- 20 minutes. Turn the garlic over in the pan about half way through the cooking time.


4.  Remove from oven when the garlic is golden brown and roasted to  perfection.

5.  When cooled I fill jars with the roasted garlic cloves and then cover with olive oil.  



6.  Store in refrigerator.



These make wonderful gifts too.  I also love to just eat them out of the jar....oh yeah!!!  

Happy Trails,
Mtn Mama

4 comments:

  1. All that garlic looks delicious! And what a great pizza topping idea, I can just smell it!!! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza looks great, I plan on roasting the garlic this evening and that gives me all I need to have pizza for dinner tomorrow.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pesto! Sounds like a yummy pizza! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #19!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://www.dessertnowdinnerlater.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another advantage of stainless steel cookware is that it doesn't rust, meaning you don't have to worry about the impact it could have on meals or the need to replace it regularly. copper pans

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!