Welcome Baby Boy T.J.!!
I haven't blogged much lately because of this little guy. He arrived 4 1/2 weeks early and spent a few days in the NICU. Baby and Momma are home now and they are both doing well. I was in charge of the two year old sister during that time. That kept me busy!! She is a hoot! She loves nana's house because I have a dog and there are stairs to climb and "Tweet Tweets" to watch.
She also loves to put on makeup when Nana is getting ready in the mornings.
We are blessed to have these sweet children.
Thank you Lord for the blessings of new life and sweet babies to hold!! Life is precious and we know that you only lend these children to us for they belong to you. May we nurture and teach them in your ways so they will grow strong in the faith and love you with all their heart. AMEN
Of course I had to make treats for the nurses...
Orange Cappuccino Brownies
1/4 cup butter
1 ounce semisweet chocolate, (I used chocolate chips)
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon instant expresso powder or you can use instant coffee
1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur
2 Tbsp grated orange peel
1 cup all purpose flour
1 pkg (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tablespoons shortening
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 9 x 13 baking pan.
3. Melt butter and chopped chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. Start with 1 minute, then stir the chocolate, heat at 15 second intervals stirring in between until chocolate is melted and smooth.
4. Stir in granulated sugar and expresso powder. Cool slightly.
5. Beat eggs into the chocolate mixture with a wooden spoon until it is smooth with a wire whisk.
I used Triple Sec as my orange liqueur because that is what I had on hand. Use your favorite orange flavored liqueur.
6. Whisk in liqueur and orange peel into the chocolate base mixture.
7. Beat flour into chocolate mixture with wooden spoon until just blended.
Miss Ella helped stir the batter. She was all about helping make the brownies.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
9. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until the center is just set. Remove from the oven and set the pan on a wire rack to cool.
10. Meanwhile melt the chocolate chips and shortening ( I used butter) in the microwave with the same method as before until smooth and glossy.
11. Immediately spread the chocolate over the brownie base while warm.
12. Cool completely and cut into 2 inch square. Makes about 2 dozen brownies.
YUMMMMM...Orange and Chocolate together are wonderful...ENJOY!!
And Kiss all the babies and hug all the children in your life today...it WILL make you feel wonderful!!