Ice is covering everything in T-Town today. Rain continues but the temp is just above freezing now.
I had a friend for brunch this morning. It was a perfect day to stay inside and be warm and cozy.
I made my favorite Egg Bake. It is more of an oven omelet because there is no bread in it. Here's how you do it.
Mtn Mama's Egg Bake
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
10 eggs or equivalent in Egg Beaters ( I use one carton Egg Beaters (8 eggs) and 2 whole eggs)
1 cup cottage cheese (Lowfat)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2% Cheddar)
1 cup meat (ham, bacon, sausage...I used Jimmy Dean precooked Turkey Sausage crumbles)
1. Spray a 9x9 or 2 qt baking casserole generously.
2. Crack eggs in large bowl and mix with wisk
3. Add Cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and meat. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Place casserole in oven and bake for 35 minutes or until center is set.
5. If it is browning too much before setting cover with foil. My oldest daughter loves the "crust" on top.
At 25 minutes I covered the pan with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning. That is up to you.
So there you have it....easy, quick and can be relatively good for you!!! It is puffed, browned and beautiful from the oven. Eat immediately...it will deflate as it cools.
Gotta go Miss Ella has arrived for our "Sleepover". Ella had Pizza with Santa today. Don't know if she is quite sure of Santa yet!!!