Today for lunch Kristy made a delicious Sourhwestern Black Bean soup. She found a recipe online and has tweeked it several times so that now the recipe is truly hers.
It is thick and rich. Full of fiber. It was a treat to have her cook lunch for me. A cook always loves to be "cooked" for. Thanks Kristy!!!
Southwestern Black Bean Soup
3 cans black beans (Rinsed and drained)
2 cups black bean and corn salsa
3 cups water
1 tsp chili powder
Fresh cilantro, shredded cheese and tortilla chips for topping
1. Rinse and drain black beans. Place in saucepan.
2. Add salsa, water, salt and spices to the pan. Stir together.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Divide soup in half . Use immersion blender or regular blender to purée 1/2 of the soup. Combine both halves of the soup back into the saucepan.
5. Serve with garnishes... Cheese, sour cream, chips and cilantro.
This soup is hearty and tasty on a chilly winter's day.