MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Follow the Yellow Brick Road!

There are days when I feel like all I can do is put one foot in front of the other and push to stay on the path. Today is one of them. Just continue to "Follow the Yellow brick road". With that in mind here is a picture of my "Yellow Brick Road" Flannel quilt that was made from a kit I bought several years ago in Alaska. It hangs in the Great Room at the lake. I love it ...but then I love all quilts. I am still working to get caught up on the Barrister Block Sow Along.  I am using blues from mens' shirts for the background fabrics.
Maybe today I can sneak away and sew a few more blocks.  There will be more tomorrow on  the Barrister's Block blog so I'd better get busy!


Both of our girls our home to spend time with their Dad....and mom too! We are going Thrift store shopping and to Whole Foods today. Kristy is refinishing furniture for her new apartment in OKC. We are looking for a table. Tonight we are cooking out for their grandparents who are coming up from the lake for dinner. 
I hope to spend a lot more time with this little girl.  Notice the ID tag.  I asked my daughter if this was to prevent loss or theft....she said YES!! 


I am going to post a recipe for "Morning Muffins" next.  The ones I made are blueberry but you can add the fruit of your choice. These can be made in 10 minutes put in the oven and baked for breakfast any day of the week.
I will be back later today with recipe....unless I veer of the path of the Yellow Brick Road! If I do be sure to come find me....please!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!