MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Mtn Mama Brunch Egg Bake

Happy Easter!!

What a glorious Easter Day this has been!!  
Thank you Lord Jesus for your sacrifice on the cross for my sins. The resurrection proclaims VICTORY over sin and death!!
UP from the Grave HE AROSE!!!  I am so glad to be on the side of victory....aren't you?
This morning the sun shone brightly and the morning was full of peace, laughter, good food and an uplifting church service with my family!!



 When peace, like a river attendeth my way.
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatevery my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
"It is well, it is well, with my soul."
Horatio G. Spafford
I love this poem....there has been a lots of turmoil in our lives lately and now I am experiencing overwhelming peace but as the verse says ....no matter what, God has most certainly taught me over the course of the past few years that He is always with me and "It is well, it is well, with my soul."   May today bring you peace, joy and a greater love for the God who "gave it all" so we could be with Him FOREVER!!



 This morning I was blessed to have both daughters, my son-in-law, new baby granddaughter, and hubby for brunch before Church.  I dyed these eggs "naturally".  First of all the brown eggs are organic brown eggs I got at the market and just boiled.  Easy and so natural.  The "Robin's Egg" blue eggs were boiled in beet juice which secondarily pickled the eggs too then I put several drops of purple food coloring (guess that's not so natural....oops!)....but didn't the color come out so great and "Robin egg" in color.  I put them on a bed of dried moss and then I showered the bowl with little "Johnny Jump Up" blossoms.  It was so pretty on our brunch table.  
We had our favorite yummy egg bake, hash brown potatoes and the most wonderful coffee cake.  A good friend always give us a coffee cake during the Christmas Holidays but since we were in Dallas this year we didn't get one.  She showed up at the "Sip n See" yesterday with a coffee cake for Easter!!  Yeah...thanks so much Julie...we LOVE you !!
I was asked by a friend for my simple eggs bake which I will list below.  I love it because it is like an oven omelet.  It doesn't have any bread in it.  In fact I make it with Egg beaters and low fat cottage cheese and 2% shredded cheddar and it taste great!  Okay.....the recipe I promised:

Mtn Mama's Egg Bake
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
10 eggs or equivalent in Egg Beaters ( I use one carton Egg Beaters (8 eggs) and 2 whole eggs)
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup meat (ham, bacon, sausage...whatever trips your trigger or you have in the fridge)


Spray a 9x9 or 2 qt baking casserole generously.
Crack eggs in large bowl and mix with wisk
Add Cottage cheese, cheddar cheese and meat.  You can also add veggies....we had leftover asparagus we had grilled last night for dinner so guess what went in the mix this morning????
Place casserole in oven and bake for 35 minutes or until center is set.  If it is browning too much before setting cover with foil.  My oldest daughter loves the "crust" on top.
So there you have it....easy, quick and can be relatively good for you!!!

So I must share my Easter Table runner with all my "quilty" friends.
 I made this two years ago but finished it after Easter so this is just my second year to get to use it and I love it!  It is a Kim Diehl design from her book Simple Seasons, called "Tulips and Tossed Greens".  I am proud of this because prior to two years ago I never really did much hand applique.  I always did fusible and stitch it down on the machine with pretty stitches and thread.  I still do that but I have also gotten into "hand projects" such as this one and "hexies" with great success.  Meaning that I enjoy doing them....get them done and enjoy the finished product.  I still have a long way to go to be considered "good" at hand applique but as long as I like it that is all that matters.....RIGHT?    RIGHT!!!!  
Don't you just love the bunnies?   I used a charm pack to make the yo-yo's.  It was easy and gave me a great variety to choose from.  





Sorry the end is dark but I wanted a good view of the corners with the pretty vines and tulips.
So pretty for spring and Easter!!  I will be sad to put it away for the season.    



  I will close with the shot of this beautiful "Peace" rose that I saw blooming from my bathroom window yesterday.  It reminds me of my grandmother who had a peace rose in her garden when I was a little girls.   I cut it and brought it in to put on my sink as a reminder of her.   I am so excited the rose bush is FULL of blooms and I may have a rose everyday for the entire month of April and May.  
May today be peaceful in all ways to your heart and soul!!


Happy Trails,
Mtn Mama
 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog really is a delight....feels just like a chat with you sitting at the family room table. Loved the beautiful rose that reminded you of your grandmother. My grandmother always had gorgeous cut flowers from her yard....I never see (or sniff) lilacs that I do not think of her!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!