MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Yogurt Berry Bowl / Welcome to My Cabin Quilt



Tis the Season....... for Stormy Weather!!

Everybody's talking about the "severe" storms headed our way later today.  Even Al Roker on the Today Show yesterday warned that Oklahoma was in for a rough day today.  So far everyone is saying they should arrive late this afternoon.  I have read "softball size" hail, up to 60 mph winds, 2-4 inches of rain.......tornados a possibility!!!  Yikes.....I'd better clean the "tornado shelter" (closet under the staircase) out this morning so we can put at least Jenny and Miss Ella inside if we need too.  I on the other hand will go to my closet in the master bathroom....no windows but it does have one outside wall.  Jeff is at the hospital working but plans to head home before the "STORMS".  Norman got hit last evening and had another scare at 2 a.m.  After seeing Joplin
last year I am taking this whole weather thing a little more seriously.  After living here 17 1/2 years I had gotten lax in my attitude toward "warnings and watches".  But not now...not with Miss Ella here!!
At least I started my day with this wonderful bowl of Greek Yogurt, fresh berries and you guessed it my Super-Duper Granola that we made yesterday.  If you missed it check it out on yesterday's post.  This is my favorite breakfast.....and it is full of "super foods".  So I should be "Superwoman" today and clean out that closet in record time!!






 Today I'm going to show you a quilt that I want to post on Bonnie Hunters Quiltville Linky party....on Your Bed?http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/04/whats-on-your-bed.html
"Welcome to my Cabin" was a BOM (Block of the Month) from Kansas Troubles Quilters in 2010.   It tells the story of the cabin that the designer, Lynne Hagmeier, and her husband Robert built on her family's property in the country.  Each row is symbolic of something to do with the cabin or property.





 I did this as a "group" project with one of my small quilting circles.  Four of us started the project and to date I may be the only one that completed the quilt from start to finish.  I know Brenda is close if not finished too.    It is large... 98 X 114.  It works well as a bedspread on a queen size bed.




I love the center blocks and the floral border blocks.   I had the long arm quilting professionally done here in Tulsa by Mary Covey.  She does a fantastic job......but you have to be patient.  Mary's average wait is about 3-4 months.  But it is well worth the wait!!!    I used all Fabric kits prepared by the local quilt shop that used the Kansas Trouble Quilters fabrics and threw in a few variations.  I love the colors.  I am still in love with those "dark" fabrics but am trying to "branch" out to the brighter world that is out there.



Today I am making "Fiesta Chicken" which is an all time family/friend favorite.  I hope to blog it this evening or tomorrow but in the event I get "Blown Away" you will just have to wait till we see each other on the other side!!!
 We are praying for calm winds today.  How about you??

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

Mtn Mama

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for showing and sharing your quilt.
    I hope any tornadoes in your area stay far above you--several thousand feet up in the air.
    Here in NM we're having tremendous winds that started early this morning--straight line winds, although they do shift directions!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!