MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Monday, December 24, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Christmas Eve!!!

Since I am in Minneapolis with my daughter I can't show you my design wall but I did want to show you this beautiful wall hanging that my college room mate made and sent to me for Christmas. I LOVE it!! There are plans for several these to be made for next Christmas.

I have loved angels for many years but now I am especially partial to them with Jeffrey being in heaven. I love the dark colors too. I am still a "primitive" gal and love the simplicity of these fabrics. She said it was a kit she bought at a quilt store in Indiana, PA where her son is going to grad school for his PhD, I am especially proud of Debby because I taught her to quilt about 5 years ago. We have been friends since 1973 when we entered college together. She is a teacher and I am Physician's Assistant. We helped each other get through all those tests, projects and assignments required to finish our degrees. Over the years I began quilting but she didn't. So on a visit about 5 years ago she showed interest in my projects and that was all it took. Another passionate quilter born. Every year since she has come in July for "Quilt Camp". We go to my lakehouse and sew for 3-4 days all day and half the night, eat great food, watch movies and yack about everything. This summer she had her ticket but with all that was going on with Jeffrey I told her to wait and come when I could enjoy her visit. This year she retired from teaching so she can come in January. I am so excited. Quilt Camp is January 12-22 this year. We will have 10 days to sew our brains out. What fun to look forward to!!! Lots of projects to get going for 2013.

This was the final project I finished and gave away before leaving Tulsa yesterday. It is a snowman wallhanging. I loved the way I rolled it with the label on the outside serving as the "tag" for the gift. The table topper in the background I finished last year and have really enjoyed it on my dinning table through the season.

Christmas Eve is my favorite day of WHOLE Year. I love the anticipation, the candlelight Christmas services, carols on the radio the whole day....a day of waiting for our Lord to be born. As mentioned above I am in Minneapolis this year with my oldest daughter, Jenny, her husband, Jon and of course Miss Ella. It seems so different not to be HOME today but after losing Jeffrey to cancer in August everyone thought it best for me not to be in my home on Christmas Day, Both of the girls came last week and we celebrated in Tulsa. Dr. Kristy is working the ER for six days this week so she is very busy and could not come to MN. I flew back yesterday with Jenny and Ella to spend the week here. Miss Ella had a cold the week she was in OK and now I have a terrible Upper Respiratory Infection (fancy name for cold but I have to use to so that I can justify all that medical education that my parents paid for years ago!!!) too. In fact I am still in bed writing this on my Blogsy IPAD ap.

Miss Ella is feeling good and waiting for Santa to arrive in Minneapolis. She is my joy and a great source of comfort. How could you not melt when you see this smile?
Even though this Christmas won't be the same I am in awe thinking that Jeffrey will be in heaven singing with the angels on Christmas Day!! What a wonderful picture in my mind's eye. His earthly father is there with him so he has family too. Merry Christmas Jeffrey!! We Love and Miss You!!

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6 KJV)\

My sincerest Prayer for all of you:

Merry Christmas,

Mtn Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!