I started blogging in March 2010 after Jeffrey's first Bone Marrow Transplant but did not keep it up. Mainly because Jeffrey had a few setbacks and I was totally consumed in that. Last spring in April I decided to return again to my blog. Jeffrey had to have another Bone Marrow Transplant last Dec at Baylor in Dallas. The blog was a way for me to reach out to others while I was caring for him. I continued to blog while Jeffrey experienced many major setbacks and complications in the spring of 2012. I would blog by his bedside. It helped me to feel connected even though I didn't have many followers and very few comments. It was my online journal along with his CaringBridge site. In August Jeffrey lost his battle to cancer and went home to be with his Father in Heaven.
I want this blog to be an outreach of me.....cooking, quilting,decorating, crafting, my love for The Lord and my faith, and anything else that makes me me. I hope you will join as a follower this year to let me know you are out there and walking this journey with me. I also would LOVE to have comments. One of the adjustments is that I have a lot of "alone" time now without much conversation. Having your comments help fill that gap as well as I just love to make new friends and share with others on their life journey. We are all on this earth to help one another.
So let's get started:
Thirteen Goals for 20131. To have 100 followers on my blog
2. To have at least one comment on each blog post
3. To blog at least 3 times a week and make it through a the whole year - 2013.
4. Complete my "Holy Toledo" quilt and machine quilt it in Jan
5. Renew my knowledge of English Hand Smocking and make Miss Ella some smocked clothes
6. Follow Judy L on Patchwork Times in her Comfort and Joy project. (I have already ordered the pattern)
7. Join Denise Russart in Stitchin with JustQuiltin and Strictly for the Birds. ( I've never quilted birds)
8. Back to Square One Mystery Quilt with Judy L (My first medallion quilt)
9. Practice, practice, practice freemotion quilting on my new Tin Lizzie 18 sitdown machine
10. Get back to more machine embroidery with my Viking Designer SE. At least one project a month.
11. Utilize my "LARGE" cookbook collection in a fun, unique way.....more to come on that!
12. Finish all the UFO's and kit projects I have accumulated over the last 25 years....or donate them to
someone who will.
13. Pray, explore and decide if a quilt ministry is where God is leading me.
May ALL I do be done for Honor and Glory to God. May I fulfill His purpose for me on this earth as I follow where He leads Me.
And all the saints said.....AMEN!!!!
I look forward to meeting all my new blogging friends in 2013 on Pots, Pans, Pins and Prayers!!