MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Shopping, Snowflakes, and Homemade Pizza!!

Today we braved the weather and the crowds and went to the "Mall of America". Oh MY!! People everywhere.... but we managed to get some walking, shopping and eating done all in about two hours before Miss Ella needed to go home for her nap. As you can see her Mama carried her and we used the stroller for our purchases!! It was fun to be out among the crowds....something I had not really done before Christmas.
On the way out the door to the parking garage we had to "suit" Miss Ella up since it had begun snowing and the temps were in the low teens.

Nana just had to have a picture "for the road" with her little "Snowbunny".

The snow fell at a very light, soft pace this afternoon and by twilight the ground was covered enough to look clean again.
Our supper was HOMEMADE PIZZA. I did Pizza on the Grill in June for my blog but I am going to show you a very easy way to make pizza at home. I am at Jenny's and the kitchen is very small...no pizza stone either but we made a very good pizza with a crispy crust for dinner. I will show you how we did it!!

HOMEMADE PIZZA

On Christmas Day I made "Bucket Bread" from the Master recipe in Aritisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day. You can find that recipe in in my archives in April. I made a loaf of bread for dinner and the rest has been in the fridg. This dough only requires all-purpose flour, salt, yeast and warm water. Ingredients that are easy to find and familiar to most everyone.



Jenny had a large aluminum pizza pan so I pulled a large grapefruit size ball from the dough and dusted it with flour. Because her kitchen is so small I had no place to "roll" the dough out so I coated the pizza pan with olive oil, placed the dough in the center and began stretching it and turning it moving the dough the entire time so that it didn't get stuck to the pan. I let it rest for 5 minutes then went back and did it again until it "fit" the pan.

Now it was time to top the pizza. We had two different camps .....so 1/2 would have red sauce and the other 1/2 would have olive oil and garlic as the base.

Then we used grilled chicken, turkey peperoni, mozzarella cheese, parmesean cheese, and olive with a sprinkling of sea salt on the top.



Into a very HOT oven - 475 degrees.

We cooked this pizza for about 10 minutes will it was firm then carefully removed the pizza pan and cooked it 5 more minutes on the rack. That helped the crust to brown and get crunchy which is just the way we like our pizza.



Out of the oven and back on the pan. It was perfect. Crust was crispy and still chewy inside.
Perfectly done crust!!

Miss Ella loves the pizza and by the looks of it approves of this one!!


Really Nana....I'd rather fed myself!!! I guess the Homemade Pizza was a HIT!! A great way to end the day!!

P.S. I did get some stitching time in on my Santa today. I have a long way to go. Glad Christmas is 363 days away!!


Let us follow the Wise Men:

Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, in the days of Herod the king, behold magi from the east arrived in Jerusalem saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the East and have come to worship HIM! Matthew 2:1-2

The journey continues.... may we all seek HIM daily!!



Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama



2 comments:

  1. YOu have Mall of America and I have about 6 inches of snow.............want to switch????

    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in need of a refresher since our private pizza lesson! Love the photos of you & your adorable girls! Headed to FL for long weekend. Happy New Year to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!