MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Monday, February 4, 2013

Design Wall Monday

 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Genesis 9:12-13

Who doesn't love a rainbow?  I get tingles up and down my spine every time I see one.   God's eternal promise to his people.  WOW!!  However the rain before the bow sometimes is blinding and confusing.  
As I continue to adjust to my "new normal" I am reminded of the rain and the rainbow.  You can't have one without the other!!  As I walk through the rain one thing is for sure that Jesus is walking right beside me and one day we will both see the RAINBOW!!

Design Wall Monday

 

I am ready to quilt my Baby Boy #3 flannel scrap quilt.  I started this quilt with orphan blocks in the center and worked out with what I had from there.  These quilts are so soft and cozy.  The children I have made them for often use them till they are 5 or 6 years old.  Yeah!!  Nothing fancy but they are always loved.




This is my Take 5 "camp quilt" that I made while Debby was here but didn't get mine finished.  I am sending this to PA as a gift for a dear friend who retired in May.  I know I am late but hey----I have had a few things on my plate since then.  The fact is I am getting it done and that is all that matters.

On my work table ready to quilt.  I quilted this Saturday.

Completed, binding and all. Already washed and ready to label.

The backside hanging over my banister rail on the second floor


Looking up from the first floor!!



Labeled!!  This is one of my goals in 2013....that no quilt leaves this house without a label!!  So far...so good!


Boxed up and ready to mail!!  I feel so accomplished!!



 That's it for my Monday morning report.  Linking up with Judy L at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.  Check out all the great projects going on over there.  It will make you want to sew non-stop for years!!!!
Today my friends are coming for lunch and we are going to embroider more of the little Valentine Aprons for granddaughters.  Seems they are quite the hit and everybody wants one for their "little" Valentine.  Bring an apron over, eat some lunch with us and join the fun as we will stitch and monogram it together!!

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama  

6 comments:

  1. I really love the quilt and your labels are fab. I need to get some and lable the quilts I have done. Shame on me no labels. I have to say the rainbow verse is one of my first designs ever made. I did drawing with a rainbow and that verse. I hand embroidered it when I was 9th grade. It is a very special verse and a good one to remind us of how much God really loves us. New normals are not east times to adjust to. I pray that it becomes an easier journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you have used your machine to make your labels on your quilts. Your flannel quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess this would be a way of saying no rain no gain. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue - I love this quilt!! I need a seam binding lesson - yours are so perfect! Mary Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!