MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day - The Day of Love

I hope today finds you sharing lots of love with all those that are special in your life.   It is a great opportunity to show how much you care to others.






Miss Ella is sporting her Valentine tutu in honor of the occasion.
I love all the fun clothes they have for little girls now.  I don't remember having tutu's when my girls were little.   Grandchildren give you another chance to relive childhood.  They are the best!












Yesterday while Miss Ella was napping I worked on my applique block pillow.  I thought it turned out really nice.  I quilted double feather circles in the center and echoed the applique.  The backing is the same as what I made the cording out of.  It is an overlap back so I can take it off and wash if needed.  I am going to put decorative buttons on the back to secure the opening.  Tell me how you think is turned out.  It is going to sit in the antique rocker in my guest room.  A perfect fit.



While I was sewing Miss Ella was exploring in the sewing room.  She crawled under a chair and got stuck.  I don't think she was very happy at being in "JAIL".  We had to lay her down to get her out.
How funny!!





I hope your Valentine's Day is Fabulous and you get lots of flowers and chocolate to feast on!!

Happy Valentine's Day to my sweetie in heaven!!  I LOVE you!!

Enjoy!!



Happy Trails,
Mtn Mama

7 comments:

  1. The pillow turned out really nice and I love applique no matter what it is used on. Nice.

    Ella looks like a real cutie, and you sound like a proud gma.

    I am sure your sweetie loves you too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "jailbird's" tutu! I have all boys and totally missed the pinkness of girls!

    Your pillow is lovely and having an envelope back will help keep it going when the fluffing needs replaced. Such an awesome job on the applique and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pillow! Your applique and quilting is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pillow is gorgeous -- love the quilting. And that little girl is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your applique pillow is gorgeous. :) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cutie pie your little valentine is! thank you for adding your wonderful blog to the Thursday Favorite Things hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sweet photos! and you applique too! Found you on Thursday Favorite Things and I would love to invite you over to The Creative HomeAcre Hop today!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop-3.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!