MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Miss Ella!!

Happy Birthday Miss Ella!!

February 6, 2013 - One Year Old!!

 

Today is the joyous celebration of Miss Ella's First Birthday!! What a year it has been!! So many blessings have come because of this little girl being born into our family. Thank you Lord for ALL your blessings but especially for Miss Ella!! My daughter, Miss Ella's Mama, combined this collage with a picture taken on the 6th of each month since she was born. Quite a few changes I would say!!! They are all so cute!! Miss Ella is walking...make that almost running...full speed ahead. I think she is training for her first 5K. Sunday she was helping her mama with groceries and was walking around carrying a bag with sweet potatoes in it. REALLY she was!! No more crawling for this big girl!!! The birthday party is this weekend but they will celebrate with family next week when they fly home to visit. Can't WAIT!!! I love a birthday party!!!

 

Happy Baby!! Happy Birthday!!


Work in Progress Wednesday

Today I worked on quilting Baby Boy #3 quilt. Saturday while out and about I picked up this book at Jo-Ann's for 40% off. Love to pick up books when they have a sale. I really LIKE this book. I have been FMQ for years but very simply. I am beginning to expand my horizons as I move into FMQ with "Miss Lizzie". I am now doing all my quilts so I want to add more designs to my repertoire. This book is very well written, lots of designs, tutorials, and instructions. Simple and easy to understand. I used it on the quilt below to "echo" the border feathers, do a heart inner border and place a feather circle in the center on a nine patch block. I think I will be using this book a LOT!!

This is the baby quilt ready to be quilted.

The back showing the quilting. Feather circle with feather cornerstones.

Heart Inner border

 

Echoed Feathers in outer border

Front of quilt with feathers in inner cornerstones

 

Quilt quilted with binding attached ready to be sewn down.

That's my Work in Progress for this Wednesday!! Hope to start a new project by the end of the week.

Happy Trails,

Mtn Mama

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice jog on the quilting. I would like to try FMQ but I never have the time to practice :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting looks great! I've had my eye on that book too. :) Glad to hear you found it helpful. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!