MTNMAMA

MTNMAMA
The original MTNMAMA

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Work In Progress





 The arrival of my "earth angels" brought smiles to all our faces last night as we picked them up at the airport amidst hugs and laughter.
Thank you Lord for keeping them safe in travel and for my daughters and my granddaughter to love!
 Miss Ella has been getting used to Nana's house today and especially the dogs.  She loves the dogs.  Riley tries to stay out of her way.  Queenie barrels in for the fun.  We are having so much fun!!  Being a Nana is the best!!



Work In Progress Wednesday

This week I am finishing several projects between Nana time and time with my daughters.





Today I embroidered these little lovies for a friend.  They are for twin boys that were born a week ago.
They are so soft and cuddly.











While I had the embroidery arm on my machine I made this label for Baby Boy Quilt #3.  Just have to hand stitch it on and it will be ready to gift.








Working on my Dresden Plate quilt in between everything else that is going on around here.  I have one row together and worked on the horizontal sashing pieces with the nine patch blocks to see if I was going to like it before I went any further.   I do like it so now I have to keep working on putting the blocks I have together and make 6 more blocks.









This is my "orphan" applique block I am turning into a pillow.  I also used my embroidery machine to stitch the circle of feathers in the center.  It is hard to see but I took a photo from the back which is a little easier to pick out the stitching. I am going to echo around the applique next before I put it together.









I spent another morning this week with friends and my daughters making Valentine Cookies.  We had so much fun.  The packaging makes them look so special.  Can't wait to give them to my friends!!








Hope you have lots of projects that make you happy and keep you busy too!  I also hope you have good friends and family to share it all with.  Linking up with Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday today.   Go on over and see all the projects happening there. 

Happy Trails, 

Mtn Mama





4 comments:

  1. I love the Dresden Quilt sashes you are going to use! Can't weait to see it done! All the colors are lovely!
    Happy Miss Ella visit! I put the shirt in the mail today that we talked about! Ignore the cuff......too close to a water problem that I didn't notice until the shirt was ruined! Shhhhh don't tell my son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my first Dresden Plate block ever this morning. Yours look wonderful. I like the sashing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of nice things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dresden plate blocks. I am a sucker for the 1930's fabrics and the dresden pattern does them such justice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think!! I love hearing from you and making new friends!!